Product Reviews (3)
This is my first digi cam and I've...
Strengths: 5x optical zoom, compact, built in lens cover (don't have to put one on, the lens is automatically covered when the camera shuts), battery life is really good!
Weakness: Slightly more weight as compared to simiar sized cams. Cannot imprint date (although don't think a lot of cameras out there can do that. However that is a DPOF option that I have not explored fully)
This is my first digi cam and I've had it for over a month now. I have already taken around 1000 pictures (wow, can't believe that).
Alright I won't write too much about why you should own a digi cam. It is obvious but you don't really realize the benefit until you buy one. You can take any # of pics and then print the best ones and delete the remaining.
Okay now moving on to Pentax. I am super happy with the camera overall.
1. It is a nice compact camera.
2. Has 5x zoom which is helpful for the cases where you cannot get closer to the subject (although not too much different than a 3x but still better just in case you need it).
3. Has all the standard options (lots of them) like different modes, picture effect etc...I think most of the cams have these nowadays.
4. Really easy to use menu system. And most importantly real easy to view images and delete them.
5. I have taken photos in lots of different settings (less light, moving objects etc) and have got real good results. Even when taking pics at 60mph the pics were good (However note that even though the ISO setting is auto you may wanna manually set it to 400 when taking a fast moving pic).
6. Battery life is really good. In one charge can take lots of photos even with flash on
One of the weakness I found is that if you want to take a photo without flash, sometimes it gets blury. The same photo when taken with the flash comes out just fine.
Another problem was that if you expose the photo too much before taking it the photo would be blurry. However Pentax has fixed that in the version 1.01 of the software (which BTW I downloaded and upgraded the camera. It is a real easy process).
By sajidmshaikh - Oct 10, 2004
I didn't plan to buy such an...
Strengths: Battery life, 5x optical zoom
Weakness: none so far, maybe the price
I didn't plan to buy such an "expensive" camera. I was thinking about an olympus D-560 because my friends told me that's a good camera. I changed my mind immediately after I saw it in the store. Just don't like it. After that I did some research by myself. And I wanted to buy a Pentax s4i because it is very compact. But I hestited with the 3x optical zoom. Finally, I decided to buy this one.
A 4.0 MP is what I want because I don't want everybody to tell me one year later: "Get rid of this one, and you need a better one".
5x optical zoom is awesome, because most digital cameras have only 2x or max 3x zoom, so obviously this one takes the cake.
The max resolution on this camera is 2288-1712, which is very good. However, maybe lower resolution is enough if you just want to save it on a compact disk, and also is enough for viewing from your computer.
The interface for the camera is USB which is fairly easy to use and employ. All you do is plug the cable in and slug away, download what you want, edit etc. It all takes mere seconds.
The memory card is 16 MB which is kind of too small. I need to buy another one anyway.
Overall, I like it and strongly suggest that this is the camera you want to buy when there is a deal. hehe.
By shpyang - May 14, 2004
The Pentax Optio 450 combines a 4 megapixel CCD with a 5x zoom lens and lots of features at an excellent price point. Well-built and rugged, wih excellent color and better than average image noise, it's a camera with many strengths, but a couple of weaknesses as well. Read the review for all the details.
Read Full Review
By Imaging Resource - Sep 26, 2003